Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Conversations with Quincey.....

Just so everyone knows I TRULY LOVE my kids. But as any mom knows there are some days when you hear Momma more times than you ever need too. I had to take Quincey to the doctor yesterday, (not because she’s complaining about feeling bad, no she’s still bouncing off the walls as usual) her throat looked yucky to me, so of course when we go the doctor looks at her and ask what’s wrong, when he looks at her throat, Strep, prescription in hand and off to get it filled. The child honestly will tell you that she doesn’t feel bad and that her throat doesn’t hurt, oh and no fever what so ever. It’s like its waiting for me to let my guard down or for the weekend to show its ugly head.

Anyway, so I got to spend the entire day with her and let me just say the weekend had already been long enough. She’s been out of school on fall break since Friday (Wednesday morning can’t get here quick enough). So I had heard Momma plenty.

One of our conversations yesterday went like this as we were leaving a store and she looks at me and goes…
Quincey: Momma who does that ladies hair?
Me: I have no idea Quincey, why? (Now let me tell you at times you just shouldn’t ask a three year old why).
Quincey: I don’t think that ladies hair looks good, it’s not cool Momma, and I don’t like it.
Me: Quincey! (Okay, I know that I should be telling Quincey that’s not nice and maybe she just didn’t have time to do anything with her hair, but she caught me completely off guard and all I could do was not laugh at her because she was just so matter of fact about the whole thing).

On the way to drop her off this morning she told me that she wanted to watch a movie in the truck, she had already been in trouble for not minding this morning before we ever left the house so I told her I would think about it. About half way to Quitman the conversation goes like this….
Quincey: Momma
Me: Yes ma’am
Quincey: Momma I’ve been really patient because I want to watch a movie.
Me: Well, just keep being patient (trying my hardest not to laugh).
Quincey: Okay Momma

That was the end of the conversation; I am truly amazed at the things she comes up with.

The other night Jonathan had fixed the blowup Tigger we have in the yard for Halloween and she looked at him and said Daddy I really appreciate you fixing Tigger for me.

We truly never know what Quincey is going to come up with when she says she needs to tell you something. Kids are so amazing.